Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik today launched 12 different industrial projects ( 2 inaugurations, groundbreaking for 10 units) in the state, which includes 8 MSME and 4 large projects in sectors ranging from Health care, Renewable energy, Steel, IT, Cement, and Food processing. These 12 industrial units with a combined investment of Rs 8796.61 Crore will generate employment opportunities for 7090 persons in the state.
Speaking on the occasion, Hon’ble Chief Minister said, “I am delighted to attend the 10th phase of ground-breaking and inauguration ceremony for industrial units of the State today. I am particularly happy to note that our State continues its dominance as an attractive destination for the investor community despite the impact of COVID-19 across the world. The projects being taken up for ground-breaking and inauguration today are in broad-based sectors including cement manufacturing, renewable energy, sea food processing, IT, ITES and others.
I am also happy that all the 12 projects are spread across all categories of investments – micro, small, medium as well as large industries. These projects will create more than 7,000 employment opportunities in the State.
It is very important to revive the industrial economy of the State which has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Recent indicators suggest that the State economy is coming back to track. The industries are on a revival path. The new industries set up today will provide a new impetus to the confidence of the industries sector. All the concerned departments of the State Government must work in a coordinated manner to expedite setting up of industrial projects. I congratulate all the companies for their new ventures and assure them of complete facilitation support from the State Government.”
Speaking on the occasion Minister Energy, Industries & MSME Captain Dibya Shankar Mishra expressed happiness on the encouraging trends on the grounding of industrial projects in the state. He thanked the Chief Minister for his leadership to bring back economy on track.
While Minister Steel & Mines, Works Shri Prafulla Mallick was present at the ground breaking of Rungta Mines integrated steel project at Dhenkanal, Minister Shri Susanta Singh attended the inauguration of the Solar Power Projects of Aditya Birla Renewables Limited at Bijepur in Baragarh. Among others, MP Smt. Sarmistha Sethi, MLA Pranab Balabant Ray and MLA Ritarani Sahoo, MLA Snehagini Chhuria were present at different project sites.
The other dignitaries were present in the ceremony were, Shri Asit Kumar Tripathy, Chief Secretary, Shri Hemant Sharma, Principal Secretary Industries, Shri Sanjay Kumar Singh, CMD IDCO, Shri Satyabrat Sahu, Principal Secretary, MSME, Secretary to CM (5-T) Shri V.K. Pandian.
Principal Secretary, Industries Shri Hemanta Sharma gave the welcome address and CMD, IDCO Shri Sanjay Singh offered the vote of thanks.
The projects that were inaugurated are
● Ramco Cement Limited’s cement grinding plant at Haridaspur in Jajpur.
● Aditya Birla Renewables Limited’s solar power plant at Bijepur in Bargarh at a capacity of 25 KW.
The projects for which ground-breaking was done are:
● Rungta Mines Limited’s new unit for expansion of its Integrated Steel Plant project from 0.9 MTPA to 2.85 MTPA capacity at Jharbandh in Dhenkanal.
● Shyam Metalics and Energy limited’s new unit for expansion of its Pelet plant from 0.3 MTPA to 1.2 MTPA capacity at Pandloi, Sambalpur.
● UBN Software solution’s software development centre at SEZ Infovalley, Khorda.
● B-One Business House Pvt. Limited’s new Sea Food Processing unit at Deras, Khorda.
● Swosti Ecowares Limited’s Bio-degradable table wares disposal manufacturing unit at Growth Centre, Phase II, Balangir.
● Baidyabooti Pharmacy’s Ayurvedic Products & Cosmetics manufacturing unit at Chhatabar, Khordha.
● Mehan Industries Limited’s Coir Mattress & Foam manufacturing unit at Chhatabar, Khordha.
● Diversified Energy Solution Limited’s Non-autoclave, lightweight cellular concrete bricks and slabs unit at Ramdashpur, Cuttack.
● Swagath Urethane Pvt. Limited’s Polyurethane Elastomer manufacturing unit at Ramdashpur, Cuttack.
● Omm Eco Build Tech’s Autoclaved aerated concrete blocks manufacturing unit at Ramdashpur, Cuttack.
The industries department is putting all its efforts to ensure world-class infrastructure and business environment to the investors. The Industries department will continue to extend support for the state and country’s economic growth and perform its duties to the steadfast growth trajectory of Odisha.
With such approaches and events, Odisha looks to attract more investments and strengthen its position of a leading state in the coming years, with new innovation, infrastructure, collaborations, best technology backed by Ease of Doing Business for the investors.