New Delhi: The IPL dates were pushed forward due to the Corona virus. It will now be held from April 15 instead of March 29. On Friday, the BCCI shared the information, confirming it officially.
Some of the Important updates related to IPL2020
- Earlier starting from 29 March, IPL will now start from 15 April
- Governing Council will meet tomorrow or Saturday
- Delhi government said there will be no IPL matches in Delhi with spectators
- Matches can be done without spectators – BCCI sources
- BCCI sources say matches can be played without foreign players
- Corona likely to reduce impact due to rise in temperature by 29 March – BCCI sources
- Kapil Dev, Dilip Vengsarkar demanded cancellation of IPL
- If the BCCI does not make a decision, the government should take a decision on it – Kirti Azad
- Many state governments agreed to hold matches – Rajiv Shukla
On Thursday, the Sports Ministry issued guidelines asking all sports associations to postpone/cancel the various tournaments in India or get the matches done without spectators.
Earlier, the Indian government prohibited foreign travelers from coming to India under the new visa rule. After this, on Friday, the Delhi government also passed an order and decided to cancel all the sports events in Delhi. Not only this, many other states including Maharashtra have also raised questions about the conduct of IPL.
In the midst of all this, it is now being said that the organizers have spoken to the BCCI for a change in this billion-dollar sports tournament. Organizers have said that the IPL this time should be started from April 15 instead of March 29 and new venues should be made to be held inside closed doors without spectators.
After the implementation of the new visa rules of the Government of India, about 60 foreign players will not be able to participate in this tournament till April 15.